Below are the instructions to petition for exclusion from the Black Forest Fire/Rescue Protection District.
BLACK FOREST FIRE RESCUE PROTECTION DISTRICT 11445 Teachout Road Colorado Springs, CO 80908 (719) 495-4300
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EXCLUSION OF REAL PROPERTY BLACK FOREST FIRE RESCUE PROTECTION DISTRICT
1. A Petition for Exclusion must be executed before a notary public by 100% of the owners of the real property to be excluded from the District.
2. An accurate legal description and map of the real property to be excluded from the District must be attached to the fully executed Petition for Exclusion.
3. Proof of guaranteed comparable service delivery from a different fire rescue authority must be attached to the fully executed Petition for Exclusion. Note: Property Tax Records do not indicate service delivery.
4. The property owner shall pay the District a sum of $2,000 to provide for the District’s costs incurred in the exclusion proceeding – $750 of which is required as a deposit and must be included with the fully executed Petition for Exclusion.
5. The fully executed Petition for Exclusion must be filed with the District at the following address: Black Forest Fire Rescue Protection District c/o Fire Chief 11445 Teachout Road Colorado Springs, CO 80908
6. Upon receipt of the fully executed Petition for Exclusion with required attachments and deposit, consideration of the Petition for Exclusion will be included on the next regular meeting agenda of the Board of Directors. Upon consideration, the Board of Directors will set a public hearing at which time the Board will consider approval or denial of the Petition for Exclusion.
7. At such public hearing, the Board will consider the Petition and receive any public comment. Following the public hearing the Board will consider and, if appropriate, approve or deny the Petition for Exclusion. If the Board approves the Petition for Exclusion an Order of Exclusion will be issued, which will be filed with the El Paso County District Court with a request that the Court issue a final Order of Exclusion.
8. Upon issuance of the Order of Exclusion by the El Paso County District Court, the Order will be recorded with the El Paso County Clerk and Recorder, and the process for exclusion of the property will be complete..