January 17, 2018: Strategic plan formally adopted by Board of Directors. Goal #6 under the Financial Resources section is to adopt a standardized process to exclude annexed properties.
January 17, 2018: Immediately after adopting Strategic Plan the Board stated per the meeting minutes, that they will be, “pursuing the matter of a standardized process for the exclusion of annexed property.”
February 2018: BFFRPD Director meets with Councilmembers at their office to discuss how to get exclusion completed.
March 2018: BFFRPD legal counsel contacts City legal counsel to begin process.
June 20, 2018: BFFRPD legal counsel and City legal counsel layout six steps to collaborate on exclusion.
- Step #1: BFFPRD Board of Directors adopt a Resolution (prepared by BFFRPD legal counsel) for adoption to exclude properties.
- Step #2: Completion of drafting IGA (to be prepared by city legal counsel)
- Step #3: BFFRPD Board adopts IGA.
- Step #4: City Council will consider IGA.
- Step #5: Plan for exclusion will be prepared jointly by attorneys following approval by both governing bodies.
- Ste #6: Expected order from Court pursuant to Section 32-1-502(6), CRS.
July 18, 2018: BFFRPD Board updates exclusion with a unanimous approval of Colorado Springs Exclusion Resolution 2018-04.
- Step #1 COMPLETE (see Resolution here)·
July 14, 2020: Councilmember informs residents during a City Council meeting that they need to put pressure on BF Fire to do something.
July 15, 2020: City legal submits a draft IGA to BFFRPD legal counsel for review.
- Step #2 COMPLETE
July 15, 2020: Councilmember attends BFFRPD Regular Board Meeting to collaborate and requests detailed property descriptions of all the properties located within the two Sections contained within the City limits.
July 16, 2020: BFFR places new tab on website for public to follow. BFFR begins research of all properties located within two Sections within the City limits.
July 20, 2020: BFFR submits detailed property descriptions of all properties located within the two Sections conatined within the City limits' to Councilmember as requested.
August 5, 2020: BFFR submits a revised list of detailed property descriptions, removing properties from exclusion list that are not within the municipality boundaries and that are only within the BFFRPD.